CROSS COUNTRY CC SKI CLINIC
with WAXING, SKIKING and SKI SWAP
December 6, 2015
Sponsored by the Friends of Oil Creek State Park
Oil Creek State Park Office Amphitheatre
The Cross Country Ski clinic will begin at 11:30 AM. The clinic will include the following:
- Check in at 11:30-12:00, Coffee and Snacks
- LECTURE-from 12:00-12:45 on various topics including buying new equipment, what to look for, types of skiing and ski equipment, proper fit and uses, technique, and Q and A
- WAXING and SKI PREP-hands on waxing lesson, sessions will be hourly.
- SKIKING- opportunity to try Skikes and learn to ski or improve technique. (Skikes are similar to roller skis but with tires capable of traveling on dirt road, grass, and crushed limestone trails. They have an excellent braking system and no experience is necessary to try them.) Sessions will be hourly. Check out www.skikepa.com
- SKI EQUIPMENT SWAP- FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. Bring any equipment that you wish to sell or swap or you may find equipment you would like to buy. This is a good opportunity for those looking for equipment to get started. Ski swap will be on going during the clinic from 12:00 to 5:00.
The cost for the clinic is $20 with a extra fee of $10 for each pair of skis prepped and waxed.
SKI CLINIC INSTRUCTORS:
ALAN HOUGH- Alan is a Certified International Skiker Instructor having done his skiker training in Berlin, Germany. He has been giving lessons all over Pennsylvania and Michigan. Alan has Skiked 2,000 miles and 48 different trails in the US and Europe this summer. He is an avid xc skier and racer. He says he has retired from running to Skike as much as possible.
RUSS MYER- Russ is from Albany, NY. He is a Physical Therapist with a PHD in Education Administration. Russ is an avid skier having competed in XC Skiing and Biathlon since 1984. He has won awards from State and National Nordic organizations. Currently, Russ is a TOKO Wax Technician, PSIA Nordic Instructor, and a International Referee for the International Biathlon Union. Russ presents with enthusiasm, humor, and a wealth of knowledge of Nordic sports!
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED BY DECEMBER 1.
The clinic is limited to 30 people.
Download the registration form
For questions or additional information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or Peg Sims (814)354-2802